Thursday, August 10, 2006

The Insightful Ramblings Of A Soul-Loving-Hippie-Punk.

With the news coming out of the UK today, Mad Priest's post, "Take a pinch of white man wrap him up in black skin" is insightful and worth reading in its entirety. Read it here.
The people of my country, myself included, are now petrified of anybody whose skin is not either completely black or completely white. It's true, if I see a South Asian person walking towards me, the first thing that comes into my head is the word "bomb." I hate this thought but what can you do about it?
It includes this version of "Melting Pot" which reflects his mixed up cultural references.
Some may come and some may go
He will surely pass
When the one that let us heal
Returns for us at last
We are but in the morning sunlight
Fading in the grass

Oh! Come on you people now
Smile on your brother
Everybody get together
Try to love one another right now
Yes! Come on you people now
Smile on your brother
Everybody get together
Try to love one another right now.
(CHESTER POWERS)

No comments: