Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Getting Older.

God, can I relate to this. Not being 60 but being the oldest in the room when it never used to be the case.
"For most of my working life, I was the youngest person doing what I was doing. Then one day I woke up and I was the oldest person in every room," said Clinton, who was a youthful 44 when he was first elected president, in 1992.

"Now that I have more days behind me than ahead of me, I try to wake up with a discipline of gratitude every day," said Clinton, who left office in 2001 and has since devoted himself to his charitable foundation.
I'm having dinner tonight with a priest who just joined the All Saints' parish staff and I realized today I am certainly old enough to be her father, which makes me feel old. Most days I don't feel that much older than the youngsters in the room. But, there are days...

No comments: