Sunday, August 03, 2008

What Crossing The Border Has REALLY Turned Into.

Following up on the story I posted about the government looking a computers at the border, here's a personal account. Frightening! 
Maybe they didn't like the way I looked? Maybe they didn't like my car? Or better yet, maybe they liked my car and wanted to see if there was anything in it they could "detain" for as long as they'd like (reason #1 why I didn't bring my laptop with me and go to hotspots while in Windsor). Maybe someone was a White Sox fan and didn't like my Tigers baseball cap.

Or hell, maybe it was just my time.

It starts with a yellow sticker placed on the windshield and instructions to drive off to the side where the immigration/interrogation center is. The orders from the officer are in a stern matter, a "don't cross me little man, I am judge, jury, and executioner!" type voice.

TURN OFF THE ENGINE.

STEP OUT OF THE VEHICLE.

WHERE DID YOU GO?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow..