- Watergate crook Gordon Liddy has contributed money to McCain’s campaigns, hosted a fundraiser for him, and received praise from McCain for his adherence to principle.
- McCain sought out, and received, the endorsement of the Rev John Hagee who believes that Katrina was God’s punishment to New Orleans for hosting a gay pride parade.
- McCain was a longtime associate of S&L kingpin Charles Keating, a beneficiary of Keating’s largess, and a doer of favors for Keating for which conduct he was officially reprimanded by the United States Senate.
- McCain has employed Richard Quinn, publisher of a Confederate nostalgia magazine.
- McCain served on the US Council for World Freedom, a far-right group whose parent organization was described by the Anti-Defamation League as “increasingly . . . a gathering place, a forum, a point of contact for extremists, racists and anti-semites.”
Contribute to LGBT Members of Congress - Progressive values have never been more under attack. Please join us in showing your pride in, and support for, LGBT members of Congress with a generous do...