- Watergate crook Gordon Liddy has contributed money to McCain’s campaigns, hosted a fundraiser for him, and received praise from McCain for his adherence to principle.
- McCain sought out, and received, the endorsement of the Rev John Hagee who believes that Katrina was God’s punishment to New Orleans for hosting a gay pride parade.
- McCain was a longtime associate of S&L kingpin Charles Keating, a beneficiary of Keating’s largess, and a doer of favors for Keating for which conduct he was officially reprimanded by the United States Senate.
- McCain has employed Richard Quinn, publisher of a Confederate nostalgia magazine.
- McCain served on the US Council for World Freedom, a far-right group whose parent organization was described by the Anti-Defamation League as “increasingly . . . a gathering place, a forum, a point of contact for extremists, racists and anti-semites.”
Sarah Kendzior on how the media enables the Trump kleptocracy - Author Sarah Kendzior (“The View from Flyover Country”) talks to us about how the media continues to enable Donald Trump, and how they/we can more effect...