Monday, September 01, 2008

We Are Our Brother's (And Sister's) Keeper.

Read Time Magazine's Jay Newton-Small's account of Obama's brief speech today in Milwaukee here.  But, the conclusion is one reason I so strongly support him.
And so that the spirit that we extend today and in the days to come as we monitor what happens on the Gulf that’s the spirit that we’ve got to carry with us each and every day. That’s the spirit that we need in our own homes and it’s the spirit that we need in the White House. And that’s why I’m running for president of the United States of America.

Because if there’s a poor child out there that’s my child. If there’s a senior that’s having trouble that’s my grandparent. If there’s a guy who’s lost his job, that’s my brother. If there’s a woman out there without healthcare that’s my sister. Those are the values that built this country. Those are the values we are fighting for.

No comments: