Saturday, July 29, 2006

Anne Lamott On Prayer & Faith.

Beliefnet has a great two part interview with "bad girl" Anne Lamott. Part 1 and Part 2. I can sure related to her answer to the question, do you pray about politics? (Well, at least most of it. Not sure if I will ever "soften" toward Bush.)

I pray to endure this administration. I pray not to contribute to the damage that we are living with and that we must start recovering from.


My heart has softened towards Bush, although not towards the administration. I pray for my heart to be softer. I have very, very passionate political beliefs that are all obvious; if you read a paragraph, you know where I stand--the old, hardcore, aging, hippie, left-wing activist and Democratic preaching leader. It's who I’ve always wanted to be, who my parents were.


I pray not to do more damage; I pray to bring hope, I try to help people get through this.

No comments: